A 3-5 day immersive course in Agile Software Development. Students participate in a highly compressed mock agile project during which they experience all major aspects of Agile Software Development.
- Business Analysts.
The students will be divided into teams of ~6 containing 1 analyst, 1-2 testers, and 3-4 programmers.
- 3-5 days.
The first day is lecture and preparation. The rest of the course will be divided into Agile Iterations. One iteration per day. During this time the teams will:
- create, prioritize, and estimate feature backlogs.
- create and adapt development and release plans.
- create automated test plans.
- write and refactor code and tests.
- deliver working features at the end of each day.
After this course attendees will:
- ...know what it feels like to work in an Agile team.
- ...understand planning and estimation.
- ...have experience with automated testing, refactoring, and Test Driven Development.
- ...have failed a few times, and learned how to correct those failures.
- ...be exhausted and exhilarated.